Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Book Club Selection

Happy June, Lovelies!

I have much to post about and, while the very end and the very beginning of each month mean very long days at work, I am going to attempt to push as many out as possible just as soon as my little fingers can type them and I can recuperate from this past weekend.  Stay tuned for the recap posts - they're going to be fabulous!  Something else that's fabulous is the fact that we're back at Book Club Selection time!

The last two months' selections were from the BBC List and this month I'm going back to the L.A. Weekly List.  I've started factoring in my schedule for the month to gauge what kind of a novel we'll end up with.  I will be doing some traveling this month and this novel sounds like it would be fantastic for airport and flight reading.

1st Edition cover.  Pick up your copy here!

I had never heard of Post Office by Charles Bukowski before seeing it on the list of tournament selections on the L.A. Weekly Blog, but I'm excited to read it since the reviews look fantastic!

'This classic 1971 novel - the one that catapulted its author to national fame - is the perfect introduction to the grimly hysterical world of legendary writer, poet, and Dirty Old Man Charles Bukowski and his fictional alter ego, Chinaski.'  Goodreads

'One of the funniest books ever written.'  Uncut

'Amazing, hilarious and unfalteringly entertaining.'  Sunday Times

It looks like this might be the first Book Club read that is not overwhelmingly serious and I'm really looking forward to it!  I've updated the Book Club Page to reflect this month's selection.

I hope you'll join me in reading this novel and I hope to see you at The Vintage Project Book Club June Meeting!  Happy Reading, Lovelies!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment