Monday, June 3, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMA!!!

Today is Oma's 86th birthday!

This Lady is a gift to us every day of the year.
For those of you who either know me personally or have been following this fantastic blog (!!), you have heard my speak of my grandmother (or Oma) quite frequently.  I LOVE this woman more than I will ever be able to express - she is everything to me and I would not be half the person I am today without her.

Oma and I at a wedding two weeks ago.  How fantastic does she look for 86??
Oma just has this quality about her that draws people in and the fact that she has such a lovely, kind spirit automatically makes people fall in love with her.  I've had multiple friends tell me that the second they met her, she made them feel special and loved and like she considered them part of the family!

Oma has not had an easy life, but she has the most amazing spirit and has overcome the obstacles she's encountered with grace and humor.  She is an inspiration, not only to me, but to everyone she encounters.  There is no one that I know that does not revel in sitting and listening to her stories.  And with the impact she has on people, I'm beyond proud to claim her as my own (some days I don't even like sharing her with my sister)!

Such a great looking bunch!



I have not yet had the chance to put together a post about her birthday party on Saturday, but it was amazing to see the turn out we had!  Oma's modesty prevented her from seeing the point of the party, but she was touched at how many people wanted to celebrate such a phenomenal Lady!!  I have been talking about doing a documentary about her and the Ladies for quite a while and the party gave me the perfect jumping off point for that.  Instead of a traditional guest book, everyone allowed me to record their birthday message to her and I'm very excited to see how it turns out - I'll share bits and pieces as they come together.  And I can guarantee that if you do not know her already, you will fall in love with her very soon!


Because, really, how could you not??

So, Lovelies, please help me raise a glass to toast the most fabulous Lady I know on her 86th birthday!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment