Wednesday, November 20, 2013

All Aboard the Green Smoothie Train!!

Good Morning Lovelies!

How did you start your day?  I started my morning the same way I have for the past week and a half.  With a green smoothie.  So L.A., I know, but I think I'm finally a convert to this whole green smoothie thing.

While I haven't been as successful with eating clean consistently as I'd like, I've been back on track for the past few weeks and in adding green smoothies to my morning routine, I'm finding it easier to stay on track throughout the day.  It might be psychological, or it might be that inundating my system with something so densely packed with the good stuff only makes it only want more.  Whatever the reason, I foresee this becoming a permanent thing for me.

There have been many benefits associated with green smoothies, they're super easy to make, and if you haven't tried them before, let me assure you, they can be incredibly tasty!!

The only downside, is that you have to make sure you're always stocked up on produce, because you will use a lot.  And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT!  I went through two of these large tubs of organic spinach between the smoothies and as part of my salad mix for lunch!  While I'll be changing things up (really there is no limit to what you can put together), I've essentially perfected this first incarnation.























My mother gifted me a Magic Bullet and I've put it to VERY good use!  While one of the selling points of the Magic Bullet is that you can put things into it, blend it, and go, I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be, so it shouldn't be surprising that that's not exactly how things go for me.  I wanted to blend certain things and found that the individual cup just wasn't big enough to accommodate everything.  But I will say - the Magic Bullet truly is no muss, no fuss when it comes to clean up.  Which makes me super happy!

So, I've established a really great little system.























I fill three of the containers with two stalks of celery, a pear, a banana, and one and a half of them full of baby spinach (using as much organic as possible - except for the bananas, there's no point in getting those organic).  Instead of any type of milk, yogurt, or water, I brew a few cups of green tea and use that as my liquid.  I love green tea and who couldn't use a few more antioxidants??

 As each individual cup is finished, I dump the contents into a bowl.


After all three cups are done, I add a few drops of Stevia to bump up the sweetness and give it a good mix.























And then ladle the mixture back into the little cups.  It ends up being about two and a half containers full.























I do all of this each night so that I can have the one that's half full while I'm getting ready in the morning and take the other two to work.  I enjoy one while I'm catching up on email once I get there and give the other to a friend who doesn't have a nifty little Magic Bullet just yet.  And we're both feeling fabulous!  She's not a fan of celery or raw spinach and she loves these.  So, there's your endorsement!  I can't wait to try a different incarnation next week!!

Did you drink your veggies today, Lovelies?  I highly recommend you try it!
XOXO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment