Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Cinematic Experience - Coco Before Chanel

Happy New Year Lovelies!

I hope you rung in the New Year with fabulous people around you and fabulous bubbly in your glass!  Mine was spectacular - one of my oldest friends and her husband came into town for a few days and on New Year's Eve, I had a small gathering at my place.

After my guests left this morning, I put the apartment back together, pulled out a movie that I received as a gift and not not yet watched, and settled onto the couch.  I felt that kicking off The Vintage Project with Chanel was appropriate.  Coco Before Chanel or Coco Avant Chanel is a 2009 French film chronicling how Gabrielle Chanel transformed herself into the Coco Chanel that made history.  Before seeing this film, I had no idea just HOW fabulous she was.  Or that she held so many feminist ideals which led to us having her to thank, at least in part, for corsets not being part of our daily uniform. 

'Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.' -Coco Chanel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvDFPjx-uBU
If all you know is the Chanel suit, I highly recomend this film.  Even if you know more, this is still one worth watching.  Just be aware that there are subtitles.

Bonne Nuit Kittens!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! It doesn't hurt that it stars the beautiful Audrey Tautou either. She's stunning to watch.

    ReplyDelete