Sunday, January 27, 2013

Derailment of Best Laid Plans

Hello Kittens.

You know what they say about best laid plans...I had today set aside as a catch-up day.  I was running around the beginning of last week like a chicken with its head cut off trying to recover from the flu the week before and get ready for a trip up to the Bay Area to celebrate the birthday of one of my best friends.  I can look back and compose a list of the things that contributed to me feeling sick the second I got off the plane at LAX yesterday evening, but I won't bore you with those details.


I am a miserable excuse for a Book Club Leader since I am only about half done with 'What Makes Sammy Run?' which was supposed to be finished today (I now understand why a book a month is the commonly accepted norm).  I still have 'Breakfast at Tiffany''s pulled out and ready to watch.  I need to prep the next lesson in the This Charming Dame series.  I have vacation photos to upload.  I should really be doing some work since I took a few days off.  We won't discuss the emptiness of my fridge.  And what I really want to do is finish my tea and take a nap.

So, this post is a request for some patience and also me admitting to myself that my resolution to NOT live my life in crisis mode might not be going as well as I'd thought.  I just have to believe I'll get better at this and try to be more patient with myself...having more of an 'all or nothing' mentality won't help me out in the least.

I shall catch up with you later.  Enjoy your Sunday Lovelies...hopefully it involves brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment