Sunday, May 18, 2014

Brunch 05.03.2014 - A Mug-Themed Birthday Celebration

La Creperie, Long Beach

Good Sunday Morning To You Kittens!

Two weeks ago, I had the privilege of meeting up with some of my fabulous ladies for Brunch to celebrate the birthday of one of the most amazing people I know, Stephanie.  I was so excited since we don't all get together very regularly and I was also very excited for the venue.  Stephanie chose La Creperie in Long Beach and while I've been there a few times (even to celebrate my own birthday), it's been a few years.  Like many of you, I'm sure, I very much enjoy a good crêpe and sample them whenever the opportunity presents itself.  Admittedly, those opportunities are rather rare, but I can tell you with certainty that if you are in the mood for a good crêpe (and then some), this is definitely a place to keep in mind!























Located on 2nd Street in Long Beach, this little gem is located in the Belmont Shore neighborhood.  While this area is filled with tons of cute shops and eateries, La Creperie is definitely a standout!  The atmosphere is very Parisian Bohemian with murals painted on the walls, large chandeliers, plenty of mirrors, and a piano.  Another cool aspect is the window where you can watch the crêpes being made!





















The large window to the left of the bar is the crêpe viewing window.  So much fun to watch as you pass by! 


Stephanie and Alicia and a lovely chandelier.























The second chandelier was above our heads.























I've always loved the mirrors and the conversation area created by the couches behind Lisa.  Seriously, how fabulous is this place?  Oh, but wait...it gets better!




After we all settled in, we ordered Mimosas, Bellinis, and Bubbly with pomegranate juice.  And toasted the birthday girl.  Cheers!  Santé!!























We caught up and laughed and enjoyed each other's company and before long, our food arrived.  I don't think I've ever been here and had someone unhappy with their order.  Pretty good endorsement if you ask me.  Check out their menus here and prepare to get hungry!

Here is my Al Mare Crêpe.  For some reason it's not listed as part of their online menu, but it is filled with mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, cheese, and shrimp in a lobster sauce.  A-Mazing!!  My favorite thing on their menu!
Lisa ordered the mussels which come with their fabulous garlic fries.  Holy Moly!  So much garlicy goodness happening here!























Britni got the Crepe Carbonara which has chicken breast, smoked bacon, and mozzarella in a creamy garlic and Parmesan sauce with pesto.  From what I understand, it was delicious!

 Alicia ordered the Belmont Eggwhite Omlete.  Spinach, mushroom, tomato, feta, and ricotta.  Looked and smelled fantastic!























And then the Birthday Girl's mystery crêpe.  I have NO idea what she ordered.  But if I remember correctly, her plate was licked clean just like the rest of ours, so while I don't know exactly what it was, I have it on good authority that it was delectable.























After we'd finished, we were all in varying stages of food coma, so we took a breather for presents.  This was by far the most interesting present opening that I'd ever seen.  

Let me preface by saying that Stephanie has something of a mug fetish.  She likes coffee mugs and tea cups.  Like she loves them.  A lot.  To be fair, she has a thing for stemware in general, but cups hold a special place in her heart.

So, when I came across these super fun, vintage inspired coffee mugs, I knew I had to get them for her!



 I also found these awesome cocktail napkins!

 I added a bottle of bubbly and thought it was a fun little package!

Evidently, I wasn't the only one who thought of mugs when they thought of Stephanie.  She received a set of these beauties from Anthropologie.


And this beautiful package contained even more mug-y fun!

 Seeing as how Stephanie runs the Darling Loves Dapper Etsy shop, this was beyond perfect!























So every gift that she opened contained a mug!  Seriously, what are the chances??  

Then it was time for dessert.  Stephanie selected the Martinique crêpe which was filled with bananas flambéed in dark rum with brown sugar and butter.  (It was DELICIOUS!!)  I also let our server know that it was Stephanie's birthday, and that we needed two candles.  Britni's birthday is just a few days before Stephanie's and we'd already celebrated, but there were no candles involved, so I thought this was a good time to rectify that little faux pas.  The staff here is absolutely amazing and this was brought to the table.




When in Paris (or a Parisian restaurant)...























J'aime these ladies so much!

 For a multitude of reasons.























Was this a fabulous way to spend a Saturday morning?  


I think so.  And I believe Stephanie would agree.

The moral of this story is to pop into La Creperie Cafe at your next opportunity (but make sure you type the actual 2nd Street address into your navigation since this restaurant was formerly located elsewhere in Long Beach and Google maps directed two of us to the previous location when we simply typed in the name).  Oh, and also mugs are a great gift.  So, I suppose this story actually has two morals.

Happy Brunching, Kittens!  I hope you consider this place the next time you find yourself stumped for a location!
XOXO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment