Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 Vintage Project Resolutions

Happy New Year Lovelies!

I hope the first few days of this new year have been fabulous for everyone - that the New Year's Eve merriment and optimism did not end once 2014 officially arrived.

photo credit




























As I look back at 2013, I am incredibly proud that, while many of my resolutions fell by the wayside, I was successful when it came to The Vintage Project!  I stuck with my little corner of the blogosphere - the thing that has brought us together, given me something other than work to stress out about, provided me with a creative outlet, and allowed me to write again.  It's been lovely!  And it's one of the few New Year's Resolutions that I've EVER made that I've stuck with the whole year through.  Kudos, Melinda!

As a rule, I am not a fan of New Year's Resolutions.  I feel like they ultimately set people up for failure.  This could have a lot to do with the fact that most resolutions are the polar opposite of what people do every day leading up to January 1.  How can you resolve to start working out every day when you haven't done so once in the last five years?  Or cut out all carbs when you think fresh baked bread with real butter is one of the best things that has every happened (you're SO not alone if you're of that opinion)?  Wanting to better yourself in the new year is fantastic, but you have to be smart about it so that your resolutions don't result in self-loathing and end up causing you to do more of the things that you are trying to avoid altogether.  Because seriously, when your resolution is to cut out sweets altogether and then one night, you have one glass of wine too many, give into temptation, and have some decadent chocolatey goodness, chances are you're going to feel terrible about yourself and have three times as much as you normally would because you feel like a failure for blowing your resolution.  I think we've all been there.  Tragic, but true...

photo credit


























So, after preaching of the evils of New Year's Resolutions, I made a few attainable resolutions of my own.  For this little blog, for you, and for the glam of vintage that I have been striving to incorporate more of into my life.  This year, I resolve to:

1.  Take at least one Old Hollywood adventure each month.
2.  Research, adopt, and post at least one 'This Charming Dame' post each month.
3.  Stay on top of the Book Club and Film School selections (those REALLY fell apart late in 2013).
4.  Make more clean recipes instead of simply pinning them.
5.  Have more Brunch!
6.  Find the right balance of work and play, productivity and relaxation in day to day life as well as The Vintage Project!

There are a few other things that I will be working towards this year, but like my blog resolutions, I'm intentionally structuring them so that they are attainable instead of simply being a list of pipe dreams.  For once, I feel like I'm NOT setting myself up to fail and I'm excited about trying something different this time around!

How about you, Lovelies?  Did you prepare a list of strict resolutions?  Or are you cutting yourself a break this year as well?  Whatever route you decided on, I wish you luck!

XOXO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment