Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Audrey April!

Hello there Darlings!

A little while ago, I was speaking with my friend Bridget and she offhandedly made a comment that stuck with me.  She stated that blondes had Marilyn and brunettes had Audrey.  That may not seem like a big or important statement, but it resonated with me.  Something as seemingly insignificant as your hair color can determine many things and one of those things seems to be who, and perhaps even what, you feel connected to.  Sounds kind of ridiculous, right?  But just think of the women you know that are drawn to Marilyn Monroe.  Chances are, they're blonde.  And those women feel that same draw to Audrey Hepburn, I'll bet money that most of them are brunettes.

While I have always been more of a Marilyn girl, myself, Audrey holds a great fascination for me.  She was always cool and elegant, a little tomboyish while being incredibly feminine.  She had this indescribable quality that just drew people to her, something that made her one of a kind.

photo credit























Audrey Hepburn landed the number three spot on the lady's side of the American Film Institute's Top 50 Greatest Film Legends list .  While what made this woman so extraordinary spans far beyond her IMDB page, I realized that the only film I'd seen her in was Breakfast at Tiffany's.  So, I thought I would remedy that in April.  I've already watched two more and while I haven't put those posts together yet, I thought I'd give you a little teaser so that you have an idea as to what I've got in store for you.

Perhaps you'll spend the night in with an Audrey film, Darlings, that's my plan!
XOXO!!

1 comment:

  1. So true, what your friend said. You know I love Audrey. I hope Roman Holiday is on your list.
    Never really cared much for Marilyn myself.

    ReplyDelete