Saturday, April 5, 2014

April Book Club Selection

Hello and Happy April, Lovelies!

This year is simply FLYING by!  Even though it seems like I just did this, it's time for a new Book Club selection.  In my excitement for the new season of Mad Men, I thought I would chose another title that has a tie-in to the show.


Since Season 2 of Mad Men, I've been meaning to pick up Frank O'Hara's Meditations in an Emergency.  This collection of poetry is said to perfectly capture the pace of New York in the sixties.  And what could be more interesting that that for someone who didn't experience it firsthand?  "O'Hara, a key interpreter of the aesthetics of abstract-expressionism, was a vital presence in New York's dynamic postwar art world, whether as a curator at the Museum of Modern Art, a visionary critic, a lushly original and lyrical poet, or an unflagging, often outrageous socialite." -Donna Seaman.


Oh, did I mention that April is National Poetry Month?  Once I learned that, I knew there couldn't be a more perfect choice!

I already have my copy, if you don't have too much on your plate for today, perhaps you'll pick up a copy as well?

XOXO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment