Monday, March 3, 2014

March Book Club Selection

Hello there Kittens!

We're deep in Book Club mode now...you may have noticed that posts related to this elite organization have been coming fast and furious!  But we're not quite done yet...it's a new month.  Which means another fabulous literary selection!

Like me, I'm sure most of you have been patiently waiting (or perhaps chomping at the bit) for the new season of Mad Men to begin.  I won't lie that I'm disappointed with their decision to break up this next and final season into two mini seasons, but I'm hopefully optimistic that it's because it's going to be so amazing that they felt it would ruin us for any other shows if they gave it to us all at once.  So, in the spirit of Mad Men, I thought a novel that was featured in the series would be fitting.  And one in particular seems rather fun...

purchase your copy here

In the third episode of the series, the secretaries of Sterling Cooper have a conversation about D.H. Lawrence's Lady Chatterley's Lover.  While I'm sure this book is relatively tame by today's Fifty Shades of Grey standards, I think a book that resulted in a British obscenity trail for using then unprintable words and was banned in multiple countries for its tawdriness is going to make for a fun read and a fun Book Club meeting!

Just look how much fun these ladies have only discussing the book for only one minute!  PS - I keep forgetting that Flo from Progressive was one of the original cast!


Is this the Book Club selection that you've been waiting for?  Why not join us this time around?  No need to be shy or nervous, I'm sure it will be absolutely titillating!

Happy Reading, Kittens!
XOXO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment