Sunday, February 3, 2013

February Book Club Selection

Hello Lovelies!  For those of you who are interested in joining the incredibly exclusive ranks of The Vintage Project Book Club, I've selected the next novel.

I hope to be able to do something a little more organized at the end of February for those of you who are local and would like to pick up the book and give it a read...perhaps Sunday, March 3.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.  

First, the unveiling...'Less Than Zero' by Bret Easton Ellis.  Like the first Book Club selection, this is also from the LA Weekly Tournament to find the best LA Novel ever written.

Pick up your copy here
For those of you who aren't quite into pink hearts and cupid, perhaps reading this in February might be up your alley.  "One of the most disturbing novels I've read in a long time.  It possesses an unnerving air of documentary reality." -Michiko Kakutani, The New York Times

AND, if you still needed another reason to consider this novel, I just learned that they made a movie adaptation in 1987 - when even the worst movies were fantastic!  Read the novel, then watch Robert Downey Jr.?  Sounds good to me.

Who's in this time around?

No comments:

Post a Comment