Thursday, August 1, 2013

Babies, Babies Everywhere!

Hello there Kittens and happy last day of July!

How did we get here?  I'm not quite sure, but what I am sure of is that I'm finding myself surrounded by babies lately.  Tante Melinda in full effect!

With my travels this month and an unexpected, yet incredibly welcomed, house guest this weekend, I find myself with a growing list of things to cover.  Which is a nicer way of saying I'm behind in posting...

At the beginning of the month, I attended the baby shower of my favorite cousin.  Unfortunately, my camera did not, so while I have no photos of that day, here is one of us having Brunch in December.


























It may very well have been on this day that the twinkle in Becky's eye later became my nephew...

And it was up to Tante Melinda to help Becky stock up on bath supplies and books!  Natch...

Seriously, how cute is this bath wrap?!?!?!?  Unfortunately, they do not carry these in adult sizes at Pottery Barn Kids...
























Since I had very little notice for this shower, the gifts were limited.  It makes me feel like a bad Tante and will be rectified...

While the items for bath time fun were on the registry, I went rogue as soon as I hit the bookstore.  But really, what little boy does not require a little Curious George?























When I was working on Avabella's library for Stephanie, Barnes & Noble was sold out of one of the most important story collections ever published, so I picked up two copies of The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh.  One for my new niece and one for my eagerly awaited nephew!
















"If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together...there is something you must always remember.  You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.  But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...I'll always be with you."

The lessons of friendship, love, loyalty, and self-worth are so beautifully taught in this book.

I wrapped everything up and headed out to spend a beautiful, but HOT, day with a fabulous girl I rarely see because she lives in New York.  It was also wonderful to visit with my other cousins - all scattered across the country.


Port is an exceptional helper.

A few weeks later, I headed down to Stephanie's.  Since Avabella is only 6 weeks old, Stephanie is not yet able to venture out for Brunch.  Since she could not come to Brunch, I brought Brunch to her.  I took the opportunity to wrap up a few things for our new little lady.

While in Mexico, I found the most adorable dress in the gift shop of our hotel and simply could not pass it up.
























So, I packed up the dress and the second copy of Winnie-the-Pooh into a shiny, happy present and headed out for Avabella's first Brunch!


Granted most of my Tante duties up until this point have consisted of buying presents, I think I'm going to be VERY happy being a full-fledged Tante!  I have no doubt that both these wonderful couples are going to make spectacular little people and become absolutely wonderful parents.

XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment