Thursday, September 5, 2013

Celebrating One Hundred Posts with an Iconic Hollywood Excursion

Good Evening Kittens!

And thank you for being here with me for my 100th post!  Normally, I make a rather big to-do when celebrating your contributions to my little blog in the way of pageviews, but this is really the first time that I'm hitting a milestone in the number of posts that I've managed to put together.  One Hundred.  Yup, One Hundred!  I think that's a pretty significant accomplishment.  Normally, I'd pour myself a glass of wine, but I woke up a few days ago terribly sick, so I'm celebrating (?) tonight with a cup of boozy tea.  Though, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love boozy tea!

It's not completely tragic since on Saturday night, which provided the content for the teaser of this milestone post, I had enough cocktails to celebrate MANY things...it happens.  Bridget found herself alone last weekend as her financé, Mike, was off on his bachelor party weekend.  Since he was celebrating, we thought we should as well and when I asked her what she wanted to do, her answer solidified why we have become friends.  "A Classy Hollywood Night."  Done and done.  Many aspects of the evening seemed to be serendipitous, the first of which was a Facebook post from a fabulous clothing site, Unique Vintage.  Not only was the photo fabulous, but the caption was beyond perfect!

Show the boys how it's done tonight, Gals!





























And we did.  The two of us got all glammed up and started with cocktails and dinner at an institution - the oldest restaurant in Hollywood, Musso & Frank Grill, which has been open since 1919.

After a fabulous time at Musso & Frank's, we headed across Hollywood Boulevard to Boardner's, another iconic spot for a few more (amazing) cocktails.  Boardner's has been doing business under that name since 1942, but the space has been operating as a bar since 1927.

photo credit
These are two of Hollywood's oldest establishments and A) because I don't feel well, and B) because both of these venues have such FABULOUS histories, I will be posting about each of them separately, because really, who doesn't love some good Hollywood lore?

I'm quite excited about these two posts, but because my boozy tea is doing the trick, I'm heading to bed in hopes that I actually get a good night's sleep and feel somewhat human in the morning... Such a tease, I know, but trust me Kittens, they'll be worth it!

Sweet dreams!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment